I’ve found that there isn’t much info out there about people’s experiences with Glassline products, so I’ll start documenting my attempts - please feel free to leave comments with your notes or questions and maybe we can start a discussion. I have used the paper once, and here are my results.
To try it out, I ordered one of the assorted packs - I think it was about $40 for a pack of 15 5” square sheets. This included 5 colors with 3 different textures each.
Glassline Paper - Full Fuse
The Glassline paper product brochure is here. I followed the instructions - I kept the edge of the paper 1/4” away from the edge of the glass, I used a tiny dot of Elmer’s glue to keep the paper in place, and used bits of stringer to separate the bottom and top pieces of glass.
To the right is my little sample pre-fuse. It’s really tiny - roughly about 1”x2”. I didn’t want to waste the paper or the glass if it didn’t turn out!
The bits of blue stringer are sandwiched between the glass, I could have also used clear and it wouldn’t show up in the final piece.
And the final result! The colors really deepened, and the texture is still apparent (though that’s not as obvious in this picture of a tiny sample). The paper did appear to shrink a bit - most obvious in the skinny jellyfish legs. I’m not sure if the bigger pieces didn’t shrink or if it’s just not as obvious.
I love the idea of using this paper to add detail to future pieces, and I’ll definitely be experimenting with it more! I’ll keep you posted on how it goes.