Glassline Paper - First Experiment

I’ve found that there isn’t much info out there about people’s experiences with Glassline products, so I’ll start documenting my attempts - please feel free to leave comments with your notes or questions and maybe we can start a discussion. I have used the paper once, and here are my results.

To try it out, I ordered one of the assorted packs - I think it was about $40 for a pack of 15 5” square sheets. This included 5 colors with 3 different textures each.

Glassline Paper - Full Fuse

The Glassline paper product brochure is here. I followed the instructions - I kept the edge of the paper 1/4” away from the edge of the glass, I used a tiny dot of Elmer’s glue to keep the paper in place, and used bits of stringer to separate the bottom and top pieces of glass.

glassline_paper_jellyfish_pre-fuse.jpg

To the right is my little sample pre-fuse. It’s really tiny - roughly about 1”x2”. I didn’t want to waste the paper or the glass if it didn’t turn out!

The bits of blue stringer are sandwiched between the glass, I could have also used clear and it wouldn’t show up in the final piece.

 
glassline_paper_after_full_fuse.JPG

And the final result! The colors really deepened, and the texture is still apparent (though that’s not as obvious in this picture of a tiny sample). The paper did appear to shrink a bit - most obvious in the skinny jellyfish legs. I’m not sure if the bigger pieces didn’t shrink or if it’s just not as obvious.

 

I love the idea of using this paper to add detail to future pieces, and I’ll definitely be experimenting with it more! I’ll keep you posted on how it goes.

Bullseye Striker Glass - Orange 1125

“OMG, they forgot my orange transparent glass, and I wanted to make rainbows and now there is no orange…” was what I thought when I was organizing the giant box of sheet glass I ordered from Bullseye recently - at first glance there appeared to be two yellows and no orange.

But of course there was no mistake - one of the two yellow looking sheets was indeed marked with the “1125” code for the orange glass, which upon looking closer is marked as a “striker” and promised to fuse to a deep orange. Here are my results!

Preparing rainbow to fire

Below is the picture pre-fire - the second strip from the top is the Orange 1125. Each of these strips is 5/8” tall. I capped the whole thing with a piece of 3mm clear Tekta.

bullseye_transparent_glass_rainbow_pre-fire.jpg

Rainbow Post-Firing

And here is the result after firing! This is after a full-fuse. As you can see, it isn’t just the orange that came out more brilliant in color, all the colors are brighter! I would like to find another purple to use, but other than that, I love how this rainbow turned out! I’m planning to embellish it a little and then slump it on a wave mold.

bullseye_rainbow_full_fuse.jpg

One last pic to really show the contrast - Orange 1125 sheet glass on the left, full-fused rainbow on the right. The 1125 is the second color down in the rainbow.

bullseye_orange_transparent_fired.jpg